Brenda encourages group leaders to remember the importance of member care in group but to not fall into the trap that member care is one size fits all. Individuals in your group feel love and cared for in different ways. Member care can look differently from group to group.
Possible Member Care Goals for Group
- Get to know one another better – families, concerns, praises, etc.
- Serve one another in times of need. (Life events – babies, weddings, death, job loss, struggles.)
- Encourage one another. (Texting, praying, remembering, helping with perspective.)
- Encourage connection outside of group – options: in-person/text/etc.
- Learn how group members feel loved & served. Ex. Love languages: service, quality time, touch, words of affirmation, gifts. “Get to know you” questionnaire, etc.
- Other ways to Care and Connect? How do we “show up” for people (whether it’s spiritually, physically, emotionally, etc.) Member care can occur both inside and outside of group meetings.